- Why you need to start pulling (like, yesterday)
So what is oil pulling? Well, it's an ancient (3.000 years to be exact) Ayurvedic technique that involves swishing a tablespoon of oil in your mouth to help draw out toxins and improve your overall health, dental health, energy levels & so much more!
- the oil prevents toxins from entering the body.
- swish away bad breath causing bacteria.
- loosens and removes yellow teeth causing plaque.
- bacteria in the gut = breakouts on your skin
- less work for the liver means happier hormones.
Happy gums: reduces inflammations and reverses gingivitis.
Clears sinuses: swishing encourages lymphatic drainage in the sinus.
Strengthens jaw: TMD (Temporomandibular disorders) sufferers rejoice & swish!
HOW TO OIL PULL:
1: On an empty stomach, put 1-2 TBSP of unrefined, organic coconut oil in your mouth.
- I like to put 1 drop of clove or on guard essential oil to enhance the detoxifying effects.
2: Set a timer and swish for 20 minutes.
3: Spit oil into the toilet or trash as it can clog your sink.
4: Rinse and brush!
Put on some music or do a small task like while you're oil pulling. Or use it as a meditation;)
Happy oil pulling :)